Transfer Students

Transfer students planning a major in Politics may find the following information useful:

1. Students must take TWO lower-division Politics courses (numbered 1-79) before they can declare the major. Courses must be passed with a C or P grade or higher.

2. Students may use ONE transfer course from a community college toward the two-course requirement. Check Assist to make sure the course you took is accepted by the UCSC Politics major. Complete the Course Substitution form with your declaration of major paperwork when you are ready to declare.

3. Transfer students who do not complete the required lower-division courses in the first quarter at UCSC (so that they can declare in the second quarter) may need to develop an academic plan for their college advising office, or for their own reference. When you have developed a plan, bring it to the advising office if you need a signature.

4. Most upper-division Politics courses do not have pre-requisites, except during priority enrollment. During priority enrollment, our classses are closed to non-majors. After the priority enrollment period, any student may enroll in our classes or add themselves to the wait list for a class. Be sure to show up to the first day of class if you are on the wait list or attempting to add a class.

Questions? Email or come see the undergraduate adviser in Merrill 27 during advising hours.