Independent Study

The Department allows students to petition for Independent Study on topics of special interest to them. Students may engage in directed readings, research projects, or research related to internships.

Independent Studies may be petitioned for credit towards fulfilling one upper division elective in the Politics major. To enroll you must complete a Petition for Independent Studies with a faculty sponsor. The completed form is submitted to the Undergraduate Advisor in Merrill 27 who will issue a call number for enrollment. This petition does require the signature of a faculty sponsor; so don’t wait until the deadline for adding classes.